Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pre-Op Diet: January 1-3

I started my pre-op/liver shrinking diet on January 1 for my surgery on January 22. I will be doing it for 3 weeks instead of the required 2 weeks in an effort to lose more weight. The following is a sample menu from my surgeon and nutritionist that I will follow (pre-op): Breakfast: 1 Slim Fast High Protein Shake *Drink at least 8-12 oz of sugar free/calorie free liquids between meals Lunch: 1 Slim Fast High Protein Shake 1 small piece of fresh fruit (apple, pear, peach, orange) *Drink at least 8-12 oz of sugar free/calorie free liquids between meals Snack: 6-8 oz light yogurt or light yogurt smoothie OR ½ cup of non-fat cottage cheese OR 1 reduced fat string cheese *Drink at least 8-12 oz of sugar free/calorie free liquids between meals Dinner: Sandwich: 4 oz of lean turkey, chicken, ham or roast beef 2 slices of lite/low calorie whole grain bread (40 calories or less per slice) Mustard, fat free mayo, lettuce, and tomato 1 cup of raw or cooked, non-starchy vegetables or a 6-8 oz can of V8 juice

italian christmas cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment